Amazon Pantry is an online grocery store through which you can order any kind of grocery online. In the U.S., the service was available only to the customers with the subscription of Amazon Prime through which they can order up to 45 pounds weight or four cubic feet worth of dry goods.
Initially, there was no delivery charge, but now customers have to pay a delivery fee on prime pantry order. Delivery time was set beforehand. The customers were alerted through an e-mail about the delivery date of the product. The Pantry service was available in India in three cities before it expanded to overall 10000 regions.
What Is Amazon Prime Pantry?
Amazon Prime Pantry was an initiative by Amazon in which it provided the best quality groceries at good prices online. The initiative was free for Amazon Prime customers. It was launched in order to compete with the traditional grocery stores in 2014.
But the current situation is that Amazon now owns many of the traditional grocery stores. Hence there is no need for Amazon Prime Pantry; that’s why it is being discontinued after a long term of service. It was available in the U.S. and many other European countries like Austria, Germany, and the U.K. etc. Though it is being discontinued, its products will still be available on the regular Amazon Prime store.
As it is being discontinued, there will be the question of the cancellation of the subscription. The subscription can be cancelled in many ways like through phone, e-mail, online website mode, DONOTPAY mode etc. We will see these modes one by one.
Learn how to cancel Starz subscription on prime.
How To Cancel Amazon Prime Pantry Via Phone?
The Amazon pantry subscription can be cancelled through the phone. Here are the steps to do so:
- The customer care number is 18662161072.
- Call on this number to contact the Prime Pantry customer support team
- Once connected, a representative on the phone will attend to you.
- Provide the representative with all your personal information.
- Explain why you want to cancel the subscription.
- After the cancellation process is over, ask the representative to provide a confirmation of the cancellation, such as an e-mail, an SMS or a confirmation code.
How To Cancel Amazon Prime Pantry By Website?
The subscription can be cancelled through the website too. Here are the steps for the same:
- Firstly, log in to ‘your account’ with the account details of the Amazon account.
- Click on the ‘drop-down menu’ of the account.
- Select the ‘Prime Membership’ option in the account.
- Click on the following options-‘Update‘> ‘Cancel‘ and more, which would be under the ‘Membership heading’ button.
- Then click on the ‘End Membership’ button, which would lead directly to the main page.
- You will receive an alert a few days before the renewation of the subscription so you can decide on the cancellation.
How To Use Donotpay To Cancel The Amazon Prime Pantry?
Another method of cancellation is through Donotpay. We will now see the steps:
- Sign-in into the ‘Donotpay account’ with the web app.
- Scroll down to the ‘Find Hidden Money Section’
- Type ‘Amazon Prime Pantry’ in the box so that the service providers know what service is needed to cancel
- Give a short explanation to the team as to why you need to cancel the service
- When the process is completed, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to let the customer know about the cancellation
- The e-mail will be sent to the customer in less than 48 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is prime pantry free for Amazon prime members?
The Prime Pantry Service is free for Amazon Prime Customers. Rather it was available for Amazon Prime customers only.
Is prime pantry gone?
Yes, there are talks of Prime Pantry being discontinued, and the products which were previously sold on Amazon Prime Pantry will now be sold on the main store of Amazon.
Is Amazon prime pantry worth it?
Yes, the experience of Amazon Pantry is totally worth it as it offers the best of best groceries available on the online store of Amazon.
What is the difference between Amazon Prime and prime pantry?
The Amazon Pantry was only related to the groceries, but the website of Amazon Prime was overall related to all the other products ranging from movies to games to music.
Why was prime pantry discontinued?
The main reason for launching Prime Pantry was to compete with the existing traditional grocery stores. But recently, the case is that Amazon now owns many of these traditional grocery stores. Therefore, now there is no need for Prime Pantry; hence the service is being discontinued.