Amazon is a great platform for businesses to sell their products and services online. However, there might be some reasons that you do not want to continue selling on the Amazon marketplace. So today, in this article, I have covered everything you need to know in order to cancel your Amazon seller account.
Not only this, but I have also given a step by step process and some key points you should keep in mind before cancelling your Amazon seller account permanently.
What is an Amazon Seller Account?
The Amazon Seller app has brought about a revolution in the business all over India in which the sellers have access to new ways of conducting their businesses on their mobile phones through the Amazon app.
This app provides awesome features as it helps smooth communication between the buyer and the seller, the order details, push notifications of the order fulfillment and the confirmation of the shipped orders that have reached their destination. The app has also facilitated the easy listing of the products on a single website by the sellers.
As per a report, sellers who use the Amazon Seller app can respond to the queries of the customers at a 33% faster rate. So if an excellent item is available at the top of your selling list, then you can list that item on the Seller app so that it can partially shield you from the competition that builds up in the market.
Few of the ways through which you can list your product on the site are-
Scanning the actual product through the camera and then scanning the barcode through the barcode scanner. Once you do the phone scan, your products will get added in the Amazon marketplace along with already listed items. The only thing you should do is scan the product and upload it along with the accurate details about your product.
The second way is scanning the barcode through the phone camera and then enlists the product in the store by giving the right details describing your product.
If you’re fed up of your Amazon Fresh subscription then click here to read the process for cancelling your amazon fresh easily.
How To Cancel An Amazon Seller Account?
Sometimes sellers temporarily detach from the selling process, or the goods in the store are not being purchased; hence the seller might want to cancel the account.
It is very easy to cancel the account. Following are the steps one should follow to cancel the Amazon professional seller account:
- Firstly, the account user should confirm that all the previous orders have been processed.
- The user should wait for a minimum period of almost 90 days to ensure that the A-Z period has subsided and the balance amount in the account is now zero.
- Take the time to complete all the pending transactions of the previous buyers.
- Be sure that Amazon has all the details of your current bank so that it can pay the final billing amount to the current bank account of yours.
- If there is any inventory left with you, then you can submit a request to Amazon to either dispose of the inventory, or Amazon might itself take the inventory back before the user closes his/her Amazon seller account.
- Once this whole process is completed, click on the ‘Contact Us’ page
- Now select the ‘Close Your Account’ page, fill the complete form that appears subsequently and then submits this form to Amazon.
Once this process has also been completed, then in some days, you will receive a confirmation mail from the Amazon Office, which will be the mark of acceptance of cancellation by Amazon.
If there seems to be an issue with your seller account, Amazon will address it too. An email will be sent to you regarding the issue, explaining why the account cannot be cancelled and the necessary steps to take to solve this issue as soon as possible.
What Happens After You Cancel Your Amazon Seller Account?
If you have finally decided to deactivate the Amazon Seller account completely, then you will lose the following benefits:
- When the account is closed, so will the listings of your products will be closed.
- Thus, there will no displays, reviews of your products, images of the products you sell, and the display associated with your products.
- Amazon will take down any information that is related to your products.
- You will no longer be able to process any transactions like refunds or returns on a closed account.
- You will not be able to use any other websites or digital content using Amazon-like Audible, Amazon prime, and Amazon Drive etc.
- The account history will be completely invisible from Amazon
- The Amazon gift card or the credit balance of the account will not be accessible after you delete your seller account
What Are The Other Ways To Cancel An Amazon Seller Account?
Closing the Seller account has certain risks associated with it. When you close this account, it cannot be reactivated again with the same business name as earlier.
So, if you just need a certain break time from the account, then you can opt for the other options to temporarily suspend the Seller account:
Change Your Account To Vacation ,ode.
The Vacation tool is a great option for the sellers on Amazon who want a break from selling. One option in this mode is that Amazon itself can handle your dealings, so the products in your inventory are still on sale, and you still receive the money even if you are not checking the account.
Yet, you have to monitor the account for all the personal performance and the customers’ messages to take care that everything is in order.
The steps for activating this mode are simple. You just have to:
- Go to ‘Seller Central‘.
- Go to the ‘Settings option’.
- Then choose the ‘Account Info‘ tab.
- After that, go to the ‘Vacation Settings’.
- Select the ‘Inactive‘ option.
- With this ‘Submit’ the request.
Close Your Amazon Listings
The Amazon listing can be closed down if the user is incapable of fulfilling the customers’ demands as there might be a shortage of supply in the online store or there might be certain technical issues with the account. For closing down the listing of the account, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘Seller Central Page’
- Choose the ‘Products’ that you intend to remove from the Listings.
- Select the ‘Action’ menu and from this menu, select the ‘Close Listings’ option.
The whole process might take 36 hours to remove your listings from Amazon completely.
Deleting Your Product Listings
Apart from both these options, there is another option of deleting the Listings. There might be certain products that you do not want to sell.
For this, just go to the ‘Seller Menu’ and click on the ‘Edit’ option. Select the products you want to edit. After that, select the ‘Delete Product and Listing’ option to delete the product listings. By choosing all these options, the account need not be deactivated.
Cancelling your Amazon seller account implies that you no longer be able to sell your products on Amazon. Once cancelled, if you want to sell again, then you would have to start it all from the beginning.
So before cancelling your account, make sure you refer to all the terms and conditions associated with it and then take a wiser decision.
Also Read: How to Cancel Amazon Prime Pantry?