As the world is progressing, the learning processes are also enhanced. The traditional learning style involved textbooks, notebooks, and blackboards has been primarily replaced by the modern learning style that involves PPT Presentations, online lectures, PDF files of textbooks, and online notes.
There are many platforms through which online learning is facilitated among students. Chegg is one of many such learning platforms.
What Is Chegg Study?
Chegg is an amazing platform that offers an excellent service of renting out textbooks to the students in the paperback or digital PDF format. Along with that, it also provides many online tutorials and other exciting academic services, making it a wonderful app for availing educational services.
Yet, if you are not able to use the services of Chegg due to your personal reasons, then it is better to cancel the subscription rather than paying for it unnecessarily.
How To Cancel Chegg Subscription?
You can cancel the Chegg subscription through various ways and devices. You can cancel the subscription by directly going to the Chegg website or through iTunes or Google Play Store.
However, keep in mind that just deleting the Chegg app would not stop the Chegg subscription. You also have to turn off the auto-renewal option.
Here are the steps required to cancel the subscriptions through various mediums:
Cancel Via Chegg Website
The easiest way to cancel any subscription, including Chegg, is to cancel it from the official website of Chegg. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open any preferred web browser and go to the Chegg Website.
- Login to your ‘’Chegg personal account’’ and go to the “My Account” settings.
- Click on the “Orders” menu.
- In the ‘’Subscription’’ settings, right next to the Chegg subscription, which you want to cancel, click on the ‘’Cancel’’ button.
- It is mandatory to give a solid reason for cancellation. Give a specific reason for why you’re cancelling the Chegg.
Thus, your Chegg subscription will be cancelled, and you will receive the cancellation information in the form of mail, SMS, or a confirmation code. The service will continue till the end of your subscription period.
Cancel Via iTunes
If you are using the Chegg app on the iPhone, then these are the steps to cancel the subscription:
- Go to the ‘’Settings’’ menu and Tap on “iTunes and App Store’’.
- Tap on the personal Apple ID located at the bottom of your iPhone screen and then click on the ‘’View Apple ID’’. If this button is not visible, you have to log in to iTunes using the Apple ID.
- After that, go to the “Subscriptions” and select the ‘’Manage Subscriptions’’ tab.
- Now, select the ‘’Chegg Study’’ and choose the ‘’Turn-off auto-renewal’’ option.
- Lastly, tap on the “Done” button to confirm the cancellation and stop the auto-billing process.
Cancel Via Google play
Follow these steps to cancel the Chegg Study subscription via Google Play Store:
- Open the ‘’Google Play Store’’ on your Android Smartphone or Tablet and log in with your Google Account.
- Open the ‘’Chegg Study App’’.
- Select the ‘’Menu’’ option and click on the “Subscriptions” button.
- Under this option, choose a particular plan which you want to cancel.
- Click on the “Manage” button and then select the “Pause Payments” or ‘’Cancel’’ option.
- Select the time range from 1 month to 6 months, wherein you cannot use the services.
- Lastly, select the “Confirm” option to get a confirmation stating that you’ve unsubscribed from the Chegg account for the stipulated time period.
Cancel Via Phone
For making any changes to your subscription or cancel the Chegg subscription over the phone, which is comparatively easy than other ways, all you have to do is:
Dial the customer care number of Chegg- 1-855-868-1054. Through this facility, you can directly connect with the customer support representative of Chegg.
Once connected, you have to provide the representative all the details and the required information for the cancellation of Chegg membership.
Do not forget to ask for proof of confirmation either in the form of an SMS, a confirmation code, or an email.
Cancel Via Email
Cancelling the subscription via email is another easy way of cancellation. To cancel Chegg subscription via email, follow these steps:
- Write an email to the Chegg account – [email protected] requesting them to cancel your Chegg subscription.
- Mention the reason for cancellation without fail in the email.
- Also, mention the date and time for cancellation.
- Be sure to ask for proof of cancellation like an SMS, an email, or a confirmation code.
Once done, you will receive a response within 66 hours from Monday to Friday between 10: am to 8:00 pm.
Cancel Via Live Chat
Connecting via Live Chat is the best way to communicate with the customer care representative and to make them understand your situation. These are the steps that will enable you to cancel the subscription via live chat:
- Click on the live chat link of Chegg- https://www.chegg.com/contactus/
- Tell the representative that you want to cancel your Chegg account.
Be aware of the Chat service timings that are available only from Monday to Friday between 9 am to 8 pm EST.
Cancel Via Donotpay
The Donotpay app is an easier way to cancel any subscription within no time. Here is how you can cancel your Chegg subscription with the Donotpay app:
- Open the ‘’Donotpay app’’ in your preferred web browser.
- Click on the “Find Hidden Money” option.
- In the search bar, type the name of the “Chegg” subscription you want to cancel.
After that, your request will be processed, and you will receive a notification regarding cancellation in a couple of days.
Cancel Via PayPal
Here are the steps to cancel the Chegg subscription from PayPal:
- ‘’Log in’’ to your PayPal account and search for the “Chegg Charge’’.
- Under this option, look for an option named “Details’’.
- Search the “Manage Payments” tab under which select the “Cancel Payment” option.
- In the confirmation box that will appear afterward, click on the “Yes” option.
If you face any problem with the cancellation process, it is advisable to contact PayPal customer service or the contact us page to solve the issue.
How To Cancel Chegg Tutors?
If you want to cancel the Chegg Tutors service, then the process is slightly different from cancelling the other Chegg services. Here is how you can cancel Chegg Tutors:
- ‘’Log in’’ to the Chegg account and visit the “My Account” tab settings.
- Click on the “Your Orders” button.
- In the orders, you will find the ‘’Chegg subscription’’, click on the ‘’Edit Plan’’ option next to it.
- Change your subscription settings to the “Pay as you go” option in order to halt the recurring payment transactions.
If, by chance, you have any tutoring minutes left which are unused when you cancel the subscription, then the access to these minutes will be lost as soon as you cancel the subscription, yet you can request a refund for these unused minutes.
Send Chegg an email and requests them to recharge those unused minutes of tutoring and if this is not possible, then request a refund for those unused minutes.
What To Know Before Cancelling Your Chegg Subscription?
Here are some things that you should keep in mind before you cancel your Chegg Study:
- Only uninstalling the app would not end the Chegg subscription. To stop the subscription, you are required to follow the proper cancellation procedure described above.
- Generally, it is said to cancel the Chegg subscription from the method you used when you subscribe to the subscription. However, the subscription can be cancelled by any means like website, Apple iPhone, or the Google Play Store.
- When the Chegg subscription is cancelled, you continue getting the services of that subscription until the expiry date of that subscription.
How To Reactivate The Chegg Account After Cancelling?
What if you want to reactivate the Chegg services after the cancellation? There are some simple steps for this process as well. Follow them to reactivate the Chegg account:
- Open the Google Play Store on your device and make sure you are signed in from the right account.
- Click on the “Menu” button and then select the “Subscriptions” option.
- Select the ‘’Chegg Subscription’’, which has to be reactivated.
- Click on the “Resubscribe” option.
- Proceed with the instructions given on the screen to complete the procedure, after which you will get your Chegg account again.
Also Read: How to cancel Duolingo Plus Subscription?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pause my Chegg study subscription?
Yes, you can pause the Chegg subscription by following these simple steps:
- ‘’Log in’’ to your Chegg Account.
- Under the ‘’Subscriptions’’ tab, choose ‘’Chegg Study’’.
- Click on the ‘’Pause Subscription’’ and choose the duration of your pause.
- Again, tap on the ‘’Pause Subscription’’ option.
How do I cancel my Chegg study pack subscription?
It is simple to cancel your Chegg study pack subscription. Login to your account and go to the “My Account” tab. Click on the “Orders” tab. Under the “Subscriptions” tab, Click on the ‘’Chegg Study pack’’ and Choose “Cancel’’.
How do I get a refund for cancelling the Chegg subscription?
No, unfortunately, you do not get a refund for cancelling the Chegg subscription. The only thing you can do is stop the recurring billing option.
Can I cancel Chegg after the free trial?
Yes, you can cancel the Chegg subscription after a free trial if you do not want to continue the subscription. Make sure you do that after the free trial period ends to avoid the auto-billing process.