If you use Plex to manage the huge number of media files stored in your computer, then you have probably heard about the Plex Pass.
About Plex Pass
Plex Pass is a paid subscription offered by the Plex App. Plex App is itself free, but the Plex Pass comes with a cost. There are three costs of the pass: $ 4.99 per month, $ 39.99 per year, or you can pay $ 149.99, which will give you a lifetime subscription. The Plex Pass offers various benefits such as:
Plex Live TV and DVR offering services that allow you to watch TV from anywhere. You just have to add an antenna along with a tuner to your setup, and you can watch TV or record any channels in the nearby area with the help of the Plex App.
Other features like Mobile Syncing for offline viewership, provision for the use of the service by multiple users, parental controls, trailers of movies, musical features like mood mixes for different situations, and many other features are present in Plex Pass.
No doubt, Plex offers all these great features, yet nowadays, people don’t find it helpful. Hence, they decide to cancel the Plex Pass Subscription.
If you’re also one of the Plex Pass customers who do not want to continue the subscription anymore, then read this article till the end. Here, I have described all the ways through which you can cancel your Plex Pass Subscription anytime.
How To Cancel Plex Pass?
There are various ways to cancel Plex Pass. Here are the 6 top ways to help you cancel your Plex Pass Subscription easily:
Cancel By Email
You can cancel the Plex Pass subscription via Email by following these simple steps:
- Write a formal email to Plex at [email protected] requesting them to cancel the subscription.
- In the mail, you have to include all your personal as well as the Plex account information.
- Give a valid reason for why you want to cancel the subscription.
- Ask them to send a confirmation email once they initiate the cancellation process.
- Once you receive the confirmation email, save it for future reference.
Cancel By Website
Here is the simple way to cancel your Plex Pass account via the Plex website:
- Go to the Plex website and ‘’log in’’ to your account.
- Click on your ‘’Account Profile’’ on the top right side of the page.
- Navigate to the “Subscriptions” menu.
- Click on the ‘’Cancel Your Subscription’’ option.
- Follow the certain steps as instructed on your screen to cancel your subscription successfully.
Cancel By Amazon Appstore
You can cancel the Plex Pass subscription through the Amazon Appstore as well. Here are the steps for that:
- Go to the ‘’Amazon App Store’’.
- Tap on the “My Apps” button.
- Go to the “Subscriptions” menu.
- Select “Plex” from the list of subscriptions.
- Turn off the ‘’Auto-Renewal’’ option
Cancel By Google Play
For cancelling Plex subscription via Google Play Store, follow these steps:
- Open the ‘’Google Play Store’’ on your mobile and ‘’Log in’’ from the right account.
- Go to the “My Subscriptions” menu on the left side of the Dashboard.
- Select ‘’Plex subscription’’ from the list of subscriptions.
- Select the “Cancel Subscription” option.
- You will be asked to give a reason for cancellation if you want. Else, you can refuse to answer.
- Click on the ‘’Confirmation’’ button to confirm the cancellation.
Cancel By iPhone
If you are an iOS user and use iPhone or iPad, then follow these steps to cancel the Plex Pass subscription:
- Tap on the ‘’Settings’’ button of your device.
- Open the personal ‘’Apple profile ID’’ by click on the icon with your name.
- Now, on your profile page, tap on the “Subscriptions” menu.
- From the list of subscriptions, click on the ‘’Plex subscription’’.
- Tap on the ‘’Cancel’’ option located at the end of the page. If you are using the trial version, you will get the option to cancel the free trial.
- Lastly, ‘’Confirm’’ the cancellation to complete the process.
Cancel By Roku Channel
If you are using a Roku device and streaming Plex from that device, then cancel the subscription with these steps:
- Press the ‘’Home button’’ on the Roku Remote.
- Navigate to the “Streaming Channels” section.
- Search for the ‘’Plex Subscription’’ from this list.
- Select this subscription by clicking on the ‘’OK’’ button.
- Go to the “Manage Subscription” tab.
- Tap on the ‘’Cancel’’ button.
Another way is to cancel the subscription through the Roku account on the web.
- Go to your ‘’Roku Account’’ from the web browser
- Click on the ‘’Manage subscriptions’’ button
- Find ‘’Plex subscription’’.
- Click on the “Unsubscribe” Button.
Cancel By Donotpay
Cancelling the Plex Pass Subscription with Donotpay is the best and the simplest way to cancel the subscription. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Open the Donotpay account from a web browser.
- Select the “Find Hidden Money” option.
- In the search bar, enter ‘’Plex subscription’’.
- Your subscription will be automatically cancelled, and you will get a notification for the same.
What Happens When You Cancel Your Plex Pass Subscription?
When you cancel the Plex Pass subscription, the future renewal of the subscription will get turned off. You receive no refund for the remaining period of the subscription.
However, you continue to receive the benefits till the end date of the subscription period. The future renewal of the account subscriptions can be cancelled through the Subscriptions page of the account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cancel Plex Pass anytime?
In case you have a recurring subscription of a monthly or a yearly pack, then you can cancel the future renewal of the subscription at any time without any glitches.
How much is a Plex Pass Subscription?
The Plex Pass subscription comes for $ 4.99 per month, the yearly subscription plan is $ 39.99, and the lifetime subscription plan comes at a rate of $ 119.99.
How do I delete my Plex Account?
If you want to delete your Plex Account, log in to your account at plex.tv, locate your account at the top right, then find settings. Click on the delete button located at the bottom of the main profile.
How do I change my Plex Email?
You can edit anything in your Plex account from the Plex web app. Just sign into the Plex Account, and then you’ll be able to manage or edit any aspect of your Plex Subscription.
How do I reset my Plex Account?
If you’re using Windows or Mac for Plex, there is no direct option to ‘restart.’ All you can do is quit the app and start it again for a reset. Locate the ‘Plex Icon’ in the Windows System Tray or MacOS Menu. Select the ‘Exit’ option to shut down the server safely.
Is Plex Pass going out of business?
Some services of Plex are slowly going out of business. Recently, on November 30, 2018, Plex decided to shut down the Plex Cloud Service as it was not appreciated by the customers.
So these are some of the quick ways to cancel your Plex Pass subscription. For any further query or doubt, you can reach out to the customer support number of Plex, i.e., 8557539800.