Amazon Prime is a popularly launched paid subscription initiative by Amazon. The service was found on February 2, 2005, and is available in various countries.
Amazon prime provides certain additional services to the customers which are otherwise not offered to other Amazon customers. The customers are charged a premium price for availing those services.
There are many types of services you can benefit from prime, like the delivery of goods just after one or two days once you order, music streaming, video streaming, e-books, gaming services, and even grocery shopping services.
Currently, there are around 150 million subscribers of Amazon Prime from 19+ countries all around the world.
Showtime is a premium TV network in the US that launched on May 9, 1976, and its headquarters is in New York City, New York. Its current CEO is David Nevins. It is featured in two languages- English and Spanish.
Showtime hosts show such as ‘Your Honor,’ ‘Shameless,’ ‘Billions,’ ‘Dexter, ‘City on a Hill’ and many more. It is now available on Amazon Prime. The members of Amazon Prime can subscribe to SHOWTIME with the Prime Video Channels.
The trial period is 7 days, and after that, the cost for a full subscription is just $10.99 per month. For subscribing to this channel on Amazon Prime, Prime Membership is a must. Right now, the trial period has been extended from 7 days to 30 days.
For signing up for the 30-day free trial service, go to the Showtime page on Amazon Prime Video. Click on the banner to learn more about the service and tap on the ‘Get Started’ option to sign up for the service.
If you like this channel, then you can get the premium subscription at a price mentioned above. With the subscription of Showtime, you can enjoy a variety of shows, movies, excellent and informative documentaries, and much more only on Amazon Prime.
5 Ways To Cancel Your Showtime Subscription On Amazon Prime:
There are 5 ways to cancel Showtime subscription on Amazon Prime. They are as follows:
1. On The Amazon website
There are few simple steps to cancel Showtime on Amazon Website. They are as follows:
- Go to the Amazon website. The link is http://www.amazon.com.
- Then look at the upper right-hand corner and go to ‘Your Account’ menu.
- When the menu is displayed, ‘sign in’ with your Amazon account details. In case you are already signed in, then scroll at the bottom of the menu item for ‘Your Android Apps and Devices’
- On this page, click on ‘Your Subscriptions’ from the menu on the left-hand side.
- In this option, select the ‘Showtime Subscription’ and then cancel the subscription by clicking on the ‘Cancel Subscription’ option.
2. Via Amazon App
You can cancel or change subscriptions through the Amazon shopping app. These are the steps:
- If you do not have the Amazon app, then first-of-all install it.
- ‘Sign up’ or ‘login’ into the app using your account login details, respectively.
- Click on the ‘Menu icon’ on the screen and then select the ‘Your Account’ option.
- Next, go to the ‘Membership and Subscriptions’ option.
- If no active subscriptions appear on the screen, tap on the ‘Don’t See Your Subscriptions’ option.
- The next window will appear, showing all your different types of subscriptions.
- Select ‘Channel Subscription’ followed by selecting the ‘Prime Video Channels’ option.
- Search for the ‘Showtime subscription’ and then tap on the ‘Cancel Channel’ button below it
- Whoa, your subscription is cancelled.
3. Through Firestick
Showtime provides a free trial offer from 7 to 30 days. Cancel it before expiry to avoid unnecessary charges.
The subscription can also be managed through Amazon Fire Stick, and you can also cancel it through the same. Here are the steps to cancel the subscriptions through the Fire Stick:
- Firstly, access the ‘app store’ and open the ‘menu’ option
- In the menu, select the ‘Subscriptions‘ tab.
- Next, find the ‘Showtime app’ and then click on the “Cancel Subscription” option.
- The subscription will be cancelled immediately.
4. Through Email
Managing the Amazon Video subscriptions can sometimes be difficult on Prime Video. But don’t worry, there is yet another way of cancellation- through email. We will now see the steps:
- You should write an email to the customer care team.
- Go to the ‘Amazon Help Portal’
- Select the “Help Topics” option, and then in the sub-topics, select the “Need More Help” option.
- Click on the “Contact Us” link appearing on the right-hand side of the topics list.
- When you are asked to describe your issue, select “Prime or Something Else” as an option.
- Move down to the “Tell us more” section and select these options from the drop-down boxes: Prime Membership Management > Change Prime auto-renew.
- Move further down to the “Or talk to someone” option and select email by clicking on it. Then, a message box will appear.
- Compose the message addressing the customer support and request them to cancel your Showtime subscription
- Send that message. Then, a representative will get in touch with you and will help you to cancel the subscription.
5. Calling The Amazon Customer Support
One more way of cancellation is by making a call to the customer care service number of Amazon.
It is the best option and the last resort if you have issues with the online cancellation or do not want to take that lengthy route.
In this case, the Amazon customer care number is 18882804331. Simply dial that number and tell the representative on the phone that you want to cancel your SHOWTIME subscription and provide your details. Do not forget to ask for a confirmation of cancellation to keep it as proof.
Amazon Prime is a popular application started by Amazon that provides a wide variety of e-books, music, and shows to its subscribers. It includes many shows of various channels as well, including the Showtime channel too.
However, there might be any reason why you want to cancel your Showtime subscription on Amazon prime.
To cancel your showtime channel subscription, you can do it through various ways – email, website, App, Fire Stick, etc. Also, there are no refunds for the cancellation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Showtime free with Amazon Prime?
Yes, you can run Showtime for free on Amazon prime with its free trial service but only for a limited time. The customers can get a 30-day free trial period for Showtime on Amazon Prime.
Will I get a refund after cancelling Showtime?
No, there is no refund for cancelling Showtime. However, you can use your subscription till the time your current billing period is left.
Why can’t I cancel my Showtime subscription?
You can cancel your showtime subscription easily by visiting showtime.com on your PC or mobile. Sign in to your account and click on your profile icon located in the upper right corner. With this, find the ‘account settings,’ then tap on ‘subscription, and finally select the ‘cancel your subscription’ option.
What happens to my Showtime subscription if I cancel Amazon Prime?
Even if you cancel your Amazon Prime account, you can still access all the purchases you have made. However, keep in mind that you will lose access to all your prime video for free.