Whether you are bored of Tinder Gold or think it’s not for you anymore, it’s time to cancel the tinder gold subscription. There are various ways to cancel tinder gold, which I will share with you today in this article. So, why waiting? Let’s start:
What Is Tinder Gold?
Tinder Gold is a premium feature of Tinder- a famous dating app known as “first class swipe experience.” With this premium feature, the users get access to a lot of exclusive features of Tinder like Passport rewind, unlimited likes, per day five super likes, per month boost, along with more profile controls.
The most crucial feature of Tinder Gold is the new “Likes You” features, where the user can see who has liked their profile before swiping right. The main benefit of Tinder Gold is now you can easily decide whether or not you want to give a chance to someone who has already liked your profile before you swipe right.
Tinder Gold VS Tinder Plus
There is always a battle between the users- whether to use Tinder Plus or Tinder Gold. Unfortunately, Tinder Plus is old-fashioned now; Tinder Gold is here to stay. Here are the benefits of switching to Tinder Gold from Tinder Plus:
The first advantage of Tinder Gold is its “Like you” feature. With a special grid layout, you can see all the people who gave you a “Swipe Right” on your profile. Then, you just have to choose your preferred person, which implies an instant match, and you can message them directly.
Also, there is an auto-match feature that matches you with all the prospective people on just one tap and then decides who you want to message.
The second advantage is the Tinder Picks feature. This feature gives you access to all your top picks. The subscribers of the gold feature get access to some tinder profiles ranging from 4 to 10 that are picked by Tinder which are highly compatible according to the users’ preference. Without tinder gold, you can only interact with one of your top picks each day.
Another main difference between tinder plus and tinder gold is between the prices. The price of Tinder plus is around $ 9.99, depending on your age and location. On the other hand, the Tinder Gold Price is $ 29.99 for one month.
In both the subscription, the price of one month drops when you are purchasing it for a longer period of time. For instance, Tinder Gold’s monthly subscription price drops to a striking low of $ 12.50 when you buy it for a year compared to the Tinder plus subscription that costs about $ 4.17 for a month.
Which Is Better- Tinder Gold Or Tinder Plus?
If you are not living in a heavily populated area, then Tinder Plus is a better option than Tinder Gold. But if you live in a heavily populated metro city, then Tinder Gold is preferable as you have many matches, and it can match you with the best of the people according to your preferences.
However, if you have decided to cancel the tinder gold subscription because you think it’s overrated or a waste of time, then here are four best ways to cancel it.
Things To Know Before You Cancel Tinder Gold?
- Deleting the Tinder app alone from your device will not result in cancellation of the Tinder Gold subscription.
- Even after canceling your Tinder Gold subscription, you can use the app till your subscription period expires.
- Tinder does not offer refund for subscription payments if you cancel your subscription and you cannot access your previously paid subscription fees.
How To Cancel Tinder Gold?
As said, you can cancel the Tinder Gold subscription through various ways, which I have explained below:
Cancel By Tinder Website
If you have already deleted the Tinder app from your phone but you want to cancel the subscription, you can do so from the Tinder website. Here are the steps for the same:
- ‘’Sign In’’ to the Tinder Website. When you log in, you will see a homepage. On the top of the page, select the ‘’Profile Icon’’.
- From the drop-down menu, look for the ‘’Manage Account’’ option and click on it.
- Next, click on the “Cancel” option. There are two options to cancel, the “Cancel” or “Cancel Automatic Renewal” option.
- Finally, click on the “Confirm” button to cancel the subscription.
Even after you cancel the subscription, you can still use the Tinder Plus and Tinder Gold subscription. It will not stop until the expiry of the subscription period.
When the paid period is complete, you will get a free account with Tinder.
Cancel By IOS
If you are using the Tinder App from an iPhone or iPad, you will have to go to the App store to make any changes to the Tinder paid subscription. Follow these steps to make any cancel Tinder Gold subscription from an IOS device:
- Open the ‘’Settings’’ menu and tap on the icon showing your name.
- Tap on the “iTunes and Appstore” icon and sign in using the ‘’Apple ID’’ credentials.
- Scroll down to the “Subscriptions” menu and tap on the “Manage” button.
- From the list, select “Tinder” and tap on the “Unsubscribe” button.
In case you have set the subscription for auto-renewal of payment, then be sure to turn off the auto-renewal option to avoid any payments in the future. If you cannot see the slider, assume that the subscription is already disabled or has been already toggled off in iTunes.
You can contact Apple Support anytime for any kind of help on billing purpose.
Cancel By Android
If you are using the Tinder Gold subscription from any Android device, then follow these steps to cancel the subscription via the Android device:
- Open the ‘’Google Play Store’’ on the Android device.
- Click on the ‘’Menu’’ screen and go to the ‘’Subscriptions’’ tab.
- Next, select the subscription you want to cancel. In this case, choose the ‘’Tinder Gold’’ subscription.
- Click on the “Cancel subscription” option.
Cancel Using Direct Credit Card Option
- Open the ‘’Tinder App’’ on the Android device.
- At the top of the main screen, there will be a ‘’Profile Icon’’; click on it.
- Tap on the “Manage Payment Account” button.
- Tap on the “Cancel subscription” button. This will cancel the subscription.
How To Request A Refund From Tinder?
Though Tinder does not provide any refund for any partially used subscriptions or in app purchases. However, you can request a refund from Tinder within 14 days from the original date of transaction or if the laws in your jurisdiction provide refunds.
If you have subscribed to Tinder Gold from Apple Store, then follow these steps to get a refund:
- Open the ‘’ITunes’’ from your computer.
- Tap on your ‘’Apple Id’’.
- Click and select ‘’Purchase History’’.
- Locate the ‘’Tinder Transaction’’ and click on ‘’Report Problem’’.
If you have purchased the Tinder Gold subscription from Google Play Store or Tinder website, then click here to avail for a refund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you cancel Tinder Gold at any time?
Yes, you can cancel your Tinder Gold subscription anytime. All you have to do is sign in to the tinder website, click on the profile icon, find the manage account option and click on cancel.
I’m having trouble cancelling my subscription. What can I do?
If you face any trouble while cancelling your tinder gold subscription, then you can search ‘’Tinder’’ in your email box and find one of your email receipts. You will find your order number in the receipt, and if your order number starts with MK, that means you have subscribed to tinder gold with the Apple app store, so follow the cancellation steps for that.
Similarly, if your order number starts with GPA, then follow the cancellation steps for the Google Play store and if it begins with TNDR, then follow the steps of cancellation for the Tinder website or direct debit card option.
All the steps for different methods are given above.
Why is Tinder Gold so expensive?
Tinder Gold is more expensive in comparison to Tinder Plus because it unlocks more features than Tinder Plus, including passport rewind, unlimited likes, per day five super likes, per month boost, along with more profile controls.