Xbox has now made a new facility to preorder the game packages. The packs included in this scheme are Sony PS5, Xbox series X console, and Xbox series S console.
Xbox Preorders is a scheme by Xbox through which you can order the Xbox games before the stipulated date of delivery. For instance, if your Xbox game is set to arrive on 10th November, you can ask for it to be delivered on 11th August. This scheme is applicable for the Xbox console as well as the PlayStation games.
There are two primary ways to cancel the Preorder of Xbox:
- Cancel through the Xbox account
- Cancel through the Xbox support page.
Today, I will tell you the process for each way in detail, one by one.
Cancel Via Xbox Account
Here are the steps to cancel Xbox preorder through the Xbox account:
- Go to the Xbox Website on the smartphone or the computer so that you can access the Microsoft account.
- On the right side of the screen, you will see a ‘’Microsoft Word Account’’ option.
- When you click on the Microsoft account, you will be redirected to ‘’Log In’’ to your account.
- Enter the required details like the ‘’E-mail’’ and the ‘’Password’’ to log in successfully.
- When you are logged into the account, click on the “See All” option which is right next to the recent purchase.
- In this option, you will find all your recent purchases. Scroll down until you get the ‘’Game Order’’ that you are looking to cancel.
- Now you just have to click on the ‘’Cancel’’ button, and that game order will be removed from your preorders list.
In case you have already been charged for the game, then you will be given a full refund for that.
If you face any problem while cancelling the Xbox preorder, then you can also start a live chat with the Xbox support team.
Once the cancellation process is completed, you will receive an e-mail regarding the confirmation. This e-mail will be proof that your game preorder has been cancelled for sure.
The preorders that are done digitally are immediately charged, so you have to ensure that you receive a refund before the time runs out.
Still, if you encounter any problem regarding the confirmation e-mail, then you can contact the Microsoft support team for any further assistance that you might need.
Cancel Via Xbox Support Page
Another way of cancelling the Xbox preorder is cancelling it through the Xbox support page. Follow these steps to complete the process:
- Go to the Xbox Support Page.
- In the “Issues” section, select “Billing” as the type of issue that you are facing.
- After that, you have to follow certain steps as prompted on the screen in order to reach the “Choose a Contact Method” menu.
- From the options that are given in this menu, select “Chat with Xbox Support’’.
- If this section is not filled in before, then you have to enter your First name, Last name along with the E-mail address in the provided space.
- Next, you have to provide a detailed explanation for your problem in the description box provided to you.
- Tell the representative that you have preordered a game through the Microsoft store and you want to cancel this game now.
- The Microsoft representatives will ask you some questions, and you have to answer those questions. It will help the representatives to verify your identity.
- Among the details requested, it possibly asks for your e-mail address and some questions for security purposes.
- Once done, allow the representative to review your cancellation request and to guide you through the steps for getting a refund.
The payment might not have been processed depending on the Payment Method and the time left before the release of the game.
If the purchases are made through the Microsoft Store credit, then they will be immediately charged after the placement of the order. However, the purchases made with debit and credit cards are charged 10 days after the placement of the order.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do preorders work on Xbox?
Any game that you have ordered will come before the stipulated date if you preorder it. This is how preorders work on Xbox.
Can you cancel digital preorders on Xbox?
If you have changed your mind, you can cancel the preorders up to 10 days before the game’s launch. When this cancellation is made, you will be billed, and for the cancellation, you will be required to request a refund.
Can you cancel a refund request on Xbox?
Yes, you can cancel the refund request on Xbox. You have to send an e-mail to the company regarding the cancellation of the refund. The refund might get cancelled, or else you can get the refund.
How do you cancel a purchase on Xbox?
The process of cancelling the order is very simple. All you have to do is navigate to the “Order history” menu and find the order which you want to cancel. Then select the “Cancel Item” option next to the order which has to be cancelled.
In case this option is not visible, then it means you have already paid for that order. Now, choose the ‘’Check Box’’ next to the order, which you have to cancel, and select the “Cancel item” button next to it. This way, your order will be cancelled successfully.
To confirm that the order is cancelled, you should look into your mailbox to check the mail to confirm cancellation.
So, guys, these were the two ways through which you can cancel your Xbox preorder. You can cancel the preorder at any time. You can also request a refund if possible.
The refund request can also be cancelled. You just have to write a mail to Microsoft regarding the refund cancellation. However, it is pretty hard to cancel the refund. The refund might as well not get cancelled. Also, once you get a refund, you cannot use the services of the game.