Hello guys! Today we have come up with another cancellation guide which is none other than ‘How To Cancel Duolingo Plus Subscription’.
About Duolingo Plus
Duo Lingo is an app through which the learner can learn various languages quickly and in a fun-filled way. Duo Lingo includes many foreign languages in the International version and many Indian languages in the Indian version. The foreign languages include German, French, Russian, Italian, Greek etc. and the Indian languages include Hindi, Bengali, Telugu, Marathi, Tamil, Urdu, Gujarati and Kannada. Thus, Duo Lingo is an excellent app to use to learn any language quickly and easily.
Duo Lingo Plus is a recent premium addition to the app. The benefits of the feature include the absence of ads so that it makes the experience better, a provision to download the lessons for offline use (something absent in the standard settings of the app), unlimited skill tests along with monthly streak repairing provision and a Progress/ Mastery Quiz to test the progress and mastery of learners over the particular language of interest.
We will now see how to cancel the Duo Lingo subscription by various methods.
How To Cancel Duolingo Plus subscription?
Duo Lingo subscription can be cancelled by various methods, e.g. through Google Play Store, through the Duo Lingo Android app and many other ways. We will see these methods now one by one:
Cancel Via Google Play Store
Google Play Store has allowed Android users to cancel the recurring subscriptions. It regularly charges for the payment on the same date with the automatic method.
However, Duo Lingo plus can be easily cancelled through the Google Play Store app. Here are the steps you can easily follow:
- For the cancellation purpose, log in to the ‘Subscriptions and Services’ page.
- Search for the ‘Duo Lingo Plus subscription’ which is to be cancelled
- Select the “Manage” option and then select the “Cancel Subscription” option. Your subscription will be cancelled.
- This cancellation cannot be revoked, and you can always resubscribe to Duo Lingo Plus.
Cancel Via Android Duolingo App
The following steps should be followed to cancel Duo Lingo Plus through the Duo Lingo App:
- Go into the ‘Duo Lingo App’
- Choose the ‘Plus Duo’ icon
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ icon
- Select the ‘Manage Plan’ option
- Select the ‘Cancel Subscription’ option
- ‘Confirm’ the cancellation via Google Play Store.
Cancel Via iTunes
Cancellation on the iPhone, iPad or even your iPod touch can be made through the following steps:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ of your device and tap on your name.
- Then go to the ‘iTunes and App Store’ option.
- Tap on the ‘personal Apple ID’ located at the top of the screen
- Tap on ‘View Apple ID’. Sign in is needed, or you can use the Touch ID or the Face ID if that is available.
- Select ‘Subscriptions’ and select the ‘Duo Lingo Plus subscription’ which you want to cancel.
- Select ‘Cancel Subscription’ followed by the ‘Confirm’ option, which will confirm the cancellation.
Cancel Via iOS Duolingo App
Follow these steps to cancel the subscription on an iOS app:
- Tap on the ‘Plus Duo icon’.
- Select the ‘Settings’ option on the top-right corner.
- Tap on the ‘Manage Plan’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Change Plan’ and then ‘Cancel Subscription’ respectively.
- Then the subscription will be cancelled.
The cancellation can be confirmed through the iTunes dashboard. After the end of the current period, no charge will be levied for the subscription. The cancellation cannot be undone, though the customer can resubscribe to the service anytime.
Cancel Via Website
These are the steps to cancel DuoLingo Plus subscription through the website:
- Go to any webpage like Chrome and ‘log in’ to the ‘Duo Lingo website’.
- Sign in to the ‘personal Duo Lingo account’.
- Click on your ‘username’ in the top-right corner.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Select ‘Duo Lingo Plus’ from the list.
- Select ‘Cancel Subscription’ and ‘confirm’ the cancellation.
Once the subscription is cancelled, the billing process will automatically stop. The subscription can be reactivated anytime.
What happens after I cancel my Duolingo Plus subscription?
When the subscription is cancelled, you will still be able to use Duo Lingo till the end of the subscription period. However, when that period expires, the subscription will not be renewed. You can resubscribe at any time.
The cancellation will not refund any subscription payments or charges that are previously made.
The subscription has to be cancelled manually, and it is not withdrawn just by deleting the app or the account except in case you have subscribed directly from the web server.
How do I request a refund for cancelling my Duolingo Plus subscription?
Generally, all the purchases made from the app are non-refundable, and no refunds are made for the half-used periods.
Google Play Store:
If the subscription has been cancelled through Google Play Store, then follow these steps to request a refund:
- ‘Log in’ to your ‘personal account’ in the Google Play store.
- Select “Order History”.
- Choose the ‘order’ that you want to return.
- Choose “Request a refund.”
- Complete filling the ‘form’ and specially mention that you want a refund.
- A message will appear saying, “Thank you for your concerns”.
You will receive an email about the refund issue. The process may take about 3-4 business days.
There’s another method to avail refund of your Duolingo app subscription in case you have subscribed to it from your desktop or PC:
- Log in to your ‘Duolingo Account’.
- After that, open the ‘plus setting’ page’.
- Next, tap on ‘email us’ under the plus support section.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to fix ‘my Duolingo plus subscription isn’t working’?
You can submit a form to report and pick the ‘Type of Issue’ as ‘Purchase Issue’. For faster help from the representative, be sure to explain the issue in detail and also include the screenshot of the website.
How much does Duolingo cost?
Duolingo app gives a 14 day free trial to its users and, after that, charges $6.99 per month. However, there is no cost for learning languages on Duo Lingo. The learning is completely free.
Do I need the internet to use Duolingo?
If you are accessing Duo Lingo through the web or the Android or iOS apps, then surely you need a working internet connection. But if you are a subscriber of Duo Lingo Plus, then you do not need an Internet connection and can use some lessons on an offline basis.
At this time, the company does not allow Apple Family Sharing for the subscription.
How do I contact Duolingo directly?
The customers can contact Duo Lingo through the customer care number on the Duo Lingo Contact Page.
How do I delete the Duolingo account?
In case you want to delete your account along with the personal information, go to the ‘Duo Lingo Drive-Thru’ and select “Erase Personal Data”, which is the big red button at the bottom of that page.
Then an email will be sent to your address. Click on the link provided in the mail. When the link gets open =, then your account will be deactivated successfully.
There will be a 7-day for a change of mind situation, with a link provided for this purpose in the confirmation email.