Do you want to cancel your kindle unlimited subscription but don’t know how to do it?
Today, in this article, we will guide you through the exact steps to follow in order to cancel your kindle unlimited.
About Kindle Unlimited
Kindle Unlimited is a digital subscription developed from a supplementary service, especially for avid readers by Amazon. It was launched in 2014.
Kindle Unlimited works in this way: You can avail of a monthly or bi-monthly membership. Then you can read the best books which would be then available. After that, you would have to cancel the subscription and then subscribe again for the next reading session. The monthly fee is $9.99; hence the fee for a bi-monthly subscription would be $19.98.
When you subscribe for kindle unlimited, the service provided will include over 1.5 million Kindle books, including comics, novels, magazines, and audiobooks. Over 10 books can be downloaded. When the subscription is canceled, all your books are removed, but when you subscribe again for the next session, all the books and their bookmarks will be visible again.
How to cancel your kindle unlimited subscription on the browser?
A complete step by step guide to cancel your kindle unlimited membership:
- Log into your Amazon account using any browser which you use on the PC, laptop, or Mac computer.
- Click on the three bars that appear in the upper left-hand corner to open the Amazon menu.
- Select “Shop by Category” and then select the “Kindle E-readers and books” category.
- Click on the “Kindle Unlimited” option after selecting the “Kindle Store” section.
- Click on the “Manage your membership” option below the rotating advertisements on the Kindle unlimited page.
The same page can also be reached through a lengthy procedure that begins with selecting the “Accounts and Lists” option at the top of the Amazon website, near the search bar.
Click on the “Manage content and devices” tab and then select the “Preferences” option, which is located at the top.
There you will find the “Kindle Unlimited Settings” tab, which would be halfway down the page.
When you click on this section, it will lead you to a “Manage Your Membership” button, leading you to the details page.
- Then you will see your account details of your Kindle Unlimited Membership. There you can see your current membership plan, borrowed books, along with payment settings located on the left side.
Click on the “Cancel Kindle Unlimited Membership” option below the payment settings along the left-hand side.
- You will have to first confirm with Amazon whether or not you have to cancel the membership subscription on the next page. There you will be able to view the books that you have borrowed, which you will still be able to access until your membership expires. Then click on the “Continue to cancel” option, which will be in yellow then your process will be complete.
How to cancel your kindle unlimited membership on Android and iPhone?
You can also cancel your kindle unlimited subscription from your android phone or iPhone by following the steps given below:
- Open Amazon application on your device (Not your kindle app).
- Now select the ‘my account‘ option from the drop-down menu on the upper left-hand side.
- Then scroll down a little to locate and select ‘memberships and subscriptions‘.
- In case you do not see your membership there, click on the ‘don’t see your subscription?’ option.
- With this, select and click ‘kindle unlimited.
After that, tap on the ‘cancel kindle unlimited membership‘ option, and you’re done.
What happens when you cancel your kindle unlimited subscription?
When you cancel the subscription, you will still access the downloaded books till your membership expires.
The day you are asked for a fee is when your subscription will be expired, and all your downloaded books will be deleted, and your billing process will end.
Will I get a refund for canceling my kindle unlimited subscription?
When you cancel your kindle unlimited membership, you will not receive any refund for the rest of the paid period.
In case you cancel your subscription in between your billing period, you can use the subscription for the days still left in your plan, but you will not get a refund for the same.
However, it is not a problem if you have chosen a short-term plan. But in case you have purchased 6 months or longer plan, then this could be a problem for you.
Steps to know if your kindle unlimited subscription is cancelled:
You can know if your subscription is canceled through the following steps:
- Follow the same steps to access the account page.
- When you arrive on the account page, look for the end date given on your subscription, this end date means that you have already sent the account for cancellation.
If the account has already been canceled, you will get to know that you do not have access to the Kindle Unlimited account from your page.
Check by email
Another step is to check your Emails. Amazon notifies its customers about the changes in accounts, subscriptions, orders, etc., through regular emails.
You only need to ensure that the cancellation information is sent to your email id and then look for the confirmation form from Amazon.
This email will give you all the details about the date of your cancellation of the Unlimited Subscription along with a Continue membership button if you wish to renew the subscription.
Read: How to cancel Amazon Freetime unlimited subscription
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cancel kindle unlimited anytime?
Yes, you can cancel your kindle unlimited subscription anytime you want. To do so, you don’t even have to contact Amazon customer support. You can access your Amazon account and cancel the membership from there.
If you want to avoid any charges for the next month’s renewal or after the free trial is over, cancel it early before the next month starts.
Do I lose my books if I cancel kindle unlimited?
If you have canceled your kindle unlimited, you will lose access to all the books you have borrowed. However, if you have paid for any book, then it is yours forever.
How do you get kindle unlimited for free?
To avail of kindle unlimited for free, follow the simple steps mentioned here:
- Firstly, sign up for a free two months subscription to kindle unlimited.
- Next, tap on the ‘kindle unlimited’ tab in your Amazon account to search for the desired titles.
- At a time, you can add up to 10 titles to your kindle unlimited account.
- As soon as you finish reading a title, just return it and borrow another.
- Make sure you cancel your subscription on time before your trial period ends.
How do I get a refund from kindle unlimited?
To request a refund from kindle limited, follow the given steps:
- Open the help section.
- Next, tap on ‘start chat.’
- After that, explain your situation to the concerned person.
- With that, request your refund.
What is the difference between kindle unlimited and prime reading?
Both Kindle unlimited and prime reading differs from the cost of Amazon prime membership. Prime Reading gives you access to over 1000 titles that can be read one by one. On the other hand, in kindle unlimited, you will get access to over 1 00,000 titles.
Kindle Unlimited Contact Information